The Colchester-Cumberland Wind Field Inc. is a community economic development corporation incorporated to support community owned commercial wind fields in the Colchester-Cumberland counties.
Wind-power is a renewable resource, and represents a clean and abundant alternative to coal for light and power in our homes. Establishing community owned wind turbines in the Colchester-Cumberland Counties will bring direct economic benefit and environmental pride to the region.
The Colchester-Cumberland Wind Field (CCWF) is a legal Nova Scotia corporation run by a volunteer board of directors. The CCWF has developed a business plan based on local ownership.
The current board of directors consists of:
- President, David Stevenson (Tatamagouche)
- Treasurer, John Reginald Forbes (Tatamagouche)
- Secretary, Shelley Byers (Tatamagouche)
- Director, David Swan (Tatamagouche)
- Chuck Hunziker (Tatamagouche)
- Dale Aitchison (Tatamagouche)
- Lukas Swan (Lawrencetown)
- James Roycroft (Salt Springs)